Friday, October 15, 2010

:)

Phew!!! A quick visit to see an old friend/dinner turned out to be quite an adventure...then again, what doesn't when you have a baby? I've been finding myself saying that a lot lately.  We just got back to our house after 3 hours out! It's not easy to go much of anywhere with a baby who doesn't like to ride in the car...so going from our house downtown (which takes 25-30 mins. is no easy task). But, it was all worth it!!

I have been missing my old friend Caroline, from high school, so I decided we'd try making it to the restaurant she works at.  I invited my mom and step-dad to go for some good company and a couple of extra hands for the baby, and I knew mom had been wanting Liberty lately.  So we agreed to meet at the restaurant. After about 3 u-turns in the neighborhood to go back and get things we had forgotten we finally were en-route and the drive actually went quite smoothly...then we got downtown...we had to drive around in a circle several times to find a parking spot. I thought I found a reasonably good parking spot, until our trek to the restaurant made me think otherwise!

We parked on the other side of the baseball stadium from the restaurant and what I thought was a side road turned out to be a creepy empty (not lit) railroad track!! So it took everything in me to not run until I got to main street.  (couldn't leave Michael and Charlie in the dust). Finally after some freezing cold wind and gravel in my sandals we got to the restaurant.

Dinner was great, and apart from Charlie getting grumpy a few times.  Michael came up with an awesome idea to lay his napkin over the baby sleeping in his lap to catch the crumbs. Hahaha I love my husband! <3

It was awesome to see my dear old friend who I realized tonight that I've known for 9 years!! Gotta love a good night with good food and good people! But, I sure am glad to be home in my cozy house with my sweet boys!!! God is good!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Michael cracks me up! a body bib! He should patent that for other crumb-y dads....get it? crumb-y? bwahahaha! I love that you had to turn around 3 times--Story of my life! Sometimes Andy and I are so tired of going back that we either do without or say if we get desperate we'll buy whatever we need while we're out, rationalizing that we can always use more diapers, wipes, water bottles, etc hahaha. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete