Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's Been A While...

It's been a few weeks. Time really flies with a husband, baby, and huge family; all of which I am very thankful for.  So here's what's been up...

The church directory photos turned out quite well, surprisingly! I'll post pictures soon.

Thanksgiving was wonderful. Really one of the best ones in years. We went to my grandma's house for lunch, and got to spend a few hours there. Which was really nice, because we're usually frantically running from place to place all day. We sat and ate and spent time with family. (Well at least I did ;-) Michael fell asleep with Charlie on the couch for a little while). Then it was time to head home and grab ingredients for some yummy mac and cheese and the pretty cake I made and head to Michael's mom's house. We got to Michael's mom's house early so we could cook and help set up.  It was such a lovely night. Michael's mom's best friend Sally came early too to help. :) Then we were joined by my step-sister, step-dad, mom, Jen, Andy, Landon, Baylor, John, Jessica, Matt, and cousin Ryan. Michael's mom's house is beautiful. It was dimly lit and there were fresh picked flowers on the table. Along with little Thanksgiving trinkets she has collected since childhood. It went really well, no drama-which almost never happens on a holiday! A great day for giving thanks, indeed. :)

Now, somehow, it'd Dec.1...how?, you might ask...I don't know! Charlie's 6 months old and eating stage 2 foods! (big deal to me, lol) Now, my favorite part of Christmas...buying gifts, and wrapping them! Ah, I love thinking up all the neat things I can do for the people I love. We ordered most of Charlie's Christmas presents online, so that was easy. The hard part is being patient while waiting for them to be shipped. Yesterday we got one small present, and I haven't decided whether I'll wait for the rest to come before I wrap this one! Now, on to figuring out what to get for all my brothers, sisters, moms, and dads!! :)

Yay! I love the holidays! God is so good!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your family!!!I cannot wait to meet Charlie! God certainly is good! :)

    ReplyDelete